Monday, August 24, 2015

Something good

I have some really good things in my life right now.  I have children and grandchildren who love me.  I have a husband who loves and respects me.  I have a dog who cannot wait for me to finish this post and go play with her.  I have friends, dinner is ready, I'm writing today...the smoke is clearing, the sun is shining, I am (mostly) breathing...  

Something good is some things good.  Some things great, actually.  

The list is much longer but then I would be talking about things like the ice cream in the freezer and my decent blood sugars.  I will focus on one good thing for today.  

I got an email from one of the places I sent my resume to.  My resume does not even remotely imply I am qualified for the posted job but I wanted to get it out there.  See what is out there and if I can gain some interest.  The answer is clearly yes!  

I don't know if there is suddenly a job with my skill-set or if the hiring manager actually thinks I may be qualified or wants to talk to me about something in the future, should there be an opening someday but whichever it is, I got noticed!  I know I have a job but I am not entirely happy with it at this point.  I have been at my job for years but feel it has changed to the point of being unrecognizable as the job I was doing...the job I wanted.

So, I am going to talk to this person and see what happens.  I am expecting nothing specifically but every chance to interview is good.  

Somebody thought I look good on paper.  

That's pretty exciting!

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment