Sunday, August 23, 2015

To my sister....

Baby Sister,

What a fun and exhausting three days we spent together preparing for your beautiful daughter's wedding reception.  While things were certainly not perfect, they were interesting and often fun, making the whole thing worthwhile...although I would not want to have to work that hard again in my life!

I know you were both sad and thrilled that your daughter is now married...sad because she is leaving and thrilled because she is leaving...but mostly content that she is happy.  The love you have for her and the love she very clearly has for you was not unnoticed.  

We can get together more now, have some sister adventures.  I know how your heart is feeling a little empty now but I have done this three times.  Watched as my children, one by one, moved on to make their own lives with the people they love.  Build their own families and homes.  I know it is difficult but it really turns to pride soon enough.  Pride in them for the choices they are making and pride in them for the people they are...because of us.  

You have a beautiful daughter of whom you raised virtually alone...Yes, you had some small amount of help along the way but that girl is your creation.  She is a wonderful, thoughtful, giving person because she has you as an example.  She will ALWAYS make you important because you ALWAYS made her important.  You are the real love of each others' lives.  Others will come into your hearts but you will never be replaced.  

I love you, Sister.  I love you and I love my niece.  I am proud of the woman she is and the woman who made her.  

Thank you for sharing her day with me.  It means the world.  

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment