Sunday, October 11, 2015

Sunday Sauerkraut and Seahawks

We were invited to watch the football game today with friends which I would normally send my husband to but today, we both attended.  When I arrived, my friend was mixing bloody mary base with a friend of hers in the kitchen of the main house.  We visited while they finished their project then went out to the garage where there is a smaller home and 8 people making sauerkraut, which has evidently become a tradition to do on the second weekend of October.  

This was a very nice, lively group of people, all vastly different...all enjoying the day together.  We arrived shortly after 0900.  These hard-working individuals had clearly been hard at it for awhile before we arrived as they had already done 2 of the four crocks which were to be filled with kraut.  Everyone worked together, taking turns in the confined area, in a merry fashion.  There was no back-biting...no drama.  Just conversation, laughter and the occasional outburst over the Seahawks game.  

We, my husband and I, had not met most of these people before today but were so glad we did!  We stayed until long after the game, only just now coming home from a 10 AM game.  That's pretty good for me.  I am usually the stay-at-home girl, perhaps hanging out for 15 minutes or so.  But time went by fairly quickly with all the good-natured conversation.  I don't know when I have had a better time just hanging out with strangers!

So, now I have a bunch of laundry to do...and dinner to make...and it's already 3 PM!  This is why I usually stay home on Sundays but I am happy I broke my traditional day and went out today.  I may be behind on the house work and laundry but I had a really good day!

A really good day.

Later...

No comments:

Post a Comment